Professor Figgy's Weather & Climate Science Lab (Book) for Kids
Professor Figgy’s Weather and Climate Science Lab for Kids provides invaluable weekly projects and experiences, both inside and outside the home, to explore the fascinating, ever-changing, and universal subject of the weather.
As champion of educational fun Jim Noonan (aka Professor Figgy) guides you through the topics of weather and climate through fun and easy activities, he also teaches the importance of affecting change in the world, through the lens of our climate’s uncertain future.
With a foreword by DIY trailblazer Martha Stewart, this comprehensive, hands-on weather and climate learning resource collects captivating activities covering subjects such as:
- The Atmosphere
- Sun & Clouds
- Wind & Rain
- Severe Weather
- Pollution & Climate Change
Each experiment includes:
- Easy-to-find Tools & Materials
- Safety Tips & Tricks
- Step-by-step How-To Instructions
- The Science Behind the Fun
- And, a bit of trivia—featuring people of interest, historical events, and facts and figures that ground the ideas in the real world and diversify the learning experience.